How does it work? An aesthetician uses a doubled-up strand of cotton thread to twist around individual hairs, then pulls them out from the roots. The procedure is used mainly on the eyebrows and upper lip.
Threading is faster than tweezing. The average eyebrow procedure takes about 5 to 10 minutes, while tweezing takes about 20 minutes.
Cost is relatively cheap: it starts at $5. We suggest trying a professional threading job, then maintain your new brow line yourself with tweezers.
More on threading:
- Hair Threading: Why You Should Try It from About.com's guide to Hair Removal, Naomi Torres.
- Threading Eyebrows Versus Waxing from Torres.
- Threading Hair Removal 101 from Torres.
- Video: Watch the Threading Process in Action.
- Q&A with top threading expert and CEO of Ziba Beauty, Sumita Batra from About.com's guide to Skincare, Jen Adkins.