Find out how to get loose, soft curls using these step-by-step instructions.
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Prep hair with a styling spray (I love Bumble and Bumble's Thickening Spray, which works wonders on fine hair). Spritz on roots and comb through hair.
- Part hair down the center.
- Blow dry hair, scrunching hair as you go. If you have curly hair, don't scrunch, instead dry straight with a paddle brush.
- When hair is about 90 percent dry, separate hair as you would to create two pigtails. Secure pigtails with pony tail holders.
- Take one side and twist hair in one direction. Hair will naturally twist itself into a bun. Secure at ear level with a ponytail holder. You can keep hair in place with bobby pins.
- Repeat on the other side, so you have two buns at ear level.
- Blast the buns and your whole head with the dryer for about 5-10 minutes or until hair seems dry.
- Leave hair in buns for 10-20 minutes to set. Just before you leave, take hair out of buns and finger comb curls. (Do not brush out). You can apply a texturizing spray to separate the waves and keep them from looking "too perfect."
- Spritz hairspray and you're done!
What You Need
- Styling spray for regular hair or volumizing spray for fine hair to prep hair
- Blow dryer
- Ponytail holders
- Texturizing spray