You'll see pictures of the year's most gorgeous short hairstyles on women of all ages. I include bobs, edgy cuts, shags, pixie hairstyles and more. You'll see the hottest hairstyles of the moment, find out how to style them and you'll learn by the end of this gallery which short hairstyles would look best on you.
In the meantime, check out The Year's 6 Hottest Short Hair Trends.
Here are a few of my favorite short hair tips:
- Much of pulling off short hair is about your personality. Do you love the idea of yourself in short hair? Does it feel "like you" at this point in your life? Go with your gut on this one, not other peoples' advice. If you end up hating your haircut, it's just hair. It grows.
- Short hair can be high maintenance because of the trimming upkeep. Unless, of course, your hair grows super slow. Short hair typically should be trimmed every 4-6 weeks if you want to maintain your style.
- Your face shape and hair texture matter. Not all face shapes and hair textures work with certain short haircuts. I discuss this more in this gallery, but don't miss How to Choose the Perfect Haircut for Your Hair Texture & Face Shape.
- If you are over 55 and thinking of a change and want to go from frumpy to cool, my advice is to skip the old-lady salons and head to a trendy one. Hairstyles have nothing to do with age and everything to do with attitude. You can wear the same cut as your daughter but you may have to change your outfits, your glasses and even your makeup. These changes can completely makeover your look from frumpy to cool.
- Choosing the right hair product is the key to keeping your hairstyle from going frizzy or flat. Mousse builds body, pomades and dry shampoos add texture. To fight the frizz, consider leave-in conditioners and anything containing silicone. If it's beachy waves you're after, there's nothing better than salt spray.
Now, enjoy the gallery....