1. Style
Julyne Derrick

My New Haircut: Growing Out the Shag/Bob I Had for 2 Years

By September 17, 2010

Here I am in a blurry shot today after a haircut/color at Eva Scrivo Salon in NYC. Everyone keeps asking me for photos of my hair so here you go! Of course I forgot the lipstick.

I've had short hair for 2 years now and have decided to grow out my hair to shoulder length or a bit beyond (not much though, because I believe long hair doesn't look good on a long face). I'm ready for a more feminine, softer look and I absolutely love this cut. It's long enough to wear as a ponytail.

The geniuses behind this cut are Mira Herri (the color) and Kazuo Suzuki (the cut) at Eva Scrivo Salon in NYC. For an appointment at Eva Scrivo, call (212) 677-7315.

Comments

September 18, 2010 at 2:28 pm
(1) Lisa says:

love your hair, and since I’m from NY I may stop BY Eva Scrivo Salon.

September 21, 2010 at 5:24 am
(2) Rachel says:

Love the hair. It looks great. The color looks great too. To bad I’m in LA, will have to visit them when I hit the NYC again.

September 22, 2010 at 12:50 pm
(3) shelia says:

There is nothing special about this haircut.

September 22, 2010 at 1:10 pm
(4) Alexandria says:

Sorry, but it looks limp and boring. I hope you didn’t have to pay too much for it.

September 22, 2010 at 2:52 pm
(5) Kathy says:

Sorry, but I have to agree—this looks to me like a ‘before’ picture. The hair is limp and shapeless and doesn’t do a thing for this pretty lady.

September 22, 2010 at 3:03 pm
(6) Janelle says:

I think you need to update your blog profile pic because you look SO much better in all the more recent pictures i have seen of you–including this one! i agree, you look better with shorter hair. Love the cut!

September 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm
(7) Lisa says:

I agree about updating your profile pic — this cut looks great. It’s very flattering for your face shape, whereas your old pic exaggerates your forehead.

September 22, 2010 at 4:03 pm
(8) Jayne Whittles says:

I love the cut and the color…works really well with your face shape and texture of your hair..gorgeous!!!!

September 22, 2010 at 4:39 pm
(9) Amy Brittain says:

Sorry, but I think it looks limp. Maybe you need to go shorter for more lift. A pixie might even be good for you.

September 22, 2010 at 4:45 pm
(10) carole says:

looks nice on you, and i really like the color, could you tell me what shade it is? i have long hair and it is a golden blonde, but i would like to try something a little blonder for the holiday season…

September 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm
(11) Anne says:

Sorry, it is very severe – you need somethng softer for your face. go to Haruo Noro in Ridgewood NJ. He is also at Rita Hazan in NYC. the best haircut I have ever had.

September 22, 2010 at 4:57 pm
(12) elegancia says:

Cool haircut! Enjoy your new hairstyle…I like it!

September 22, 2010 at 6:41 pm
(13) Kelly says:

Love it! Such a fan of a “style” on women. Can only take the long hair with the fake wave for so long. Keep the style; totally suits you! :)

September 22, 2010 at 6:55 pm
(14) lynn says:

I agree with Kelly above: So sick of the cookie-cutter hair…….fake hair ! So nice to see a style for a change!

September 23, 2010 at 12:06 am
(15) Patricia Williams says:

Love the haircut. You look great.

September 23, 2010 at 1:12 am
(16) beauty says:

I guess this is what I get for posting a photo of myself on here! Thank you all for your comments, positive and otherwise. I quite like my hair and think it suits me perfectly (mwah!)

September 23, 2010 at 5:12 am
(17) sue says:

At last the photo! Was dying to see it as I have a long face like yours and I love it – you look younger, fresher, up to date. I love the way you still have the length and it is tapered. Now can you update your page photo Julyne?:)

September 23, 2010 at 10:16 am
(18) Jenn says:

LOVE the cut and think it suits you well. Additionally, for the folks who had some negative comments, remember that a haircut/style also says much about how approachable and “real” a person is…this cut makes Julyne very approachable and she radiates a confidence and a happiness that only comes when we’re happy with how we look! Also, it looks like it would be easy to care for and that alone is priceless! SHE wears this style/color instead of IT wearing HER!

September 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm
(19) sanjay says:

hey you looking so cool haa…really i like it .

September 24, 2010 at 5:47 pm
(20) Nini Clemente says:

Love your smile but not your hair! You should have had it shorter to cup your chin… bob cut would have done your face wonders!

September 24, 2010 at 6:00 pm
(21) beauty says:

Nini darling, it was to my chin for 2 years and people insisted I grow it longer. Now it’s longer and you are insisting I cut it shorter. Hahhahaha!

September 25, 2010 at 9:06 am
(22) sophie, UK says:

I love the new style. It suits you well and looks easier to maintain.

sophie, UK
xx

September 27, 2010 at 5:52 pm
(23) Cami says:

It looks like mine fine and limp and I do hate to say that, but at this stage you are kinda in between!

September 27, 2010 at 7:21 pm
(24) beauty says:

Yep, it’s definitely an in-between haircut and I’m finding I’m mostly keeping it in a ponytail so maybe I’ll go back to the bob.

October 9, 2010 at 11:58 am
(25) Kathryn says:

I love the new cut. And I sympathise as someone with a long face with the mixed feedback you get. People love me with short hair, I want longer feminine hair like you and as soon as I get beyond chin length people are divided in their opinions.

I think you look great. It is a particular style and is not designed to look boofy.

October 11, 2010 at 12:21 am