1. Style
Julyne Derrick

The Commercial is Awful, But Does the PedEgg Work?

By May 25, 2008

Ahhh, the PedEgg. If you've watched any television in the past couple months, you couldn't miss the infamous PedEgg commercial which features a number of scaley feet as they are exfoliated. We then watch as a handful of dead skin is dumped from the PedEgg and into the trash. The detritus reminds me of the fake snow on movie sets. It is perhaps THE most disgusting ad on TV.

But does the PedEgg work? According to MSNBC, it does, and well. If you do purchase it for $10, just don't go overboard with the scrubbing. You might risk sore, overexfoliated feet, as the reviewer did. But the PedEgg could be one summer staple for your bathroom. Just hide it from your beloved or risk getting cut off in the bedroom for the rest of your life. Buy it online.

Comments

May 26, 2008 at 1:21 am
(1) Frenna says:

2 of my coworkers say it’s “the best ten dollars you will ever spend”.

I can’t think of a better endorsement than that.

May 28, 2008 at 1:21 pm
(2) patti says:

I love mine too. gave it as a mother’s day gift. I don’t think it was appreciated cause she hasn’t used it yet but once she does, I am certain she will be hooked too. I am 59 and would challenge anyone to have better looking feet. Patti

June 2, 2008 at 12:44 pm
(3) pamm says:

OMG I agree this is the best thing ever invented!

June 2, 2008 at 12:58 pm
(4) Kate says:

Absolutely love the Pedegg!!! Use it a little everyday and you will love the results. And sadly, the gross stuff they throw away on TV, is what you will be throwing away. I use it before I shower and then put on a nice foot cream after and my feet have never looked better!

June 2, 2008 at 3:30 pm
(5) Melinda says:

I love using the pedegg. My feet look wonderful. It really does work.

June 2, 2008 at 4:36 pm
(6) Robin says:

I just bought the pedegg recently & yes it does work! I’ve always had trouble buffing my feet & now I can do it with ease.

June 2, 2008 at 6:32 pm
(7) Geri says:

I work on my feet all day and I have never found anything that works like this. I feel like I have new feet.

June 2, 2008 at 7:10 pm
(8) Portia Petro says:

I have a friend –a nurse, who used the PedEgg and couldn’t walk for two weeks..No kidding. She kept on using that thing and by the time she got finished, she had taken off all the bad skin–and good skin at one time. She wanted to go to a hospital she was in so much pain. There are better products on the market…that thing is a cheese grater and should be used in the kitchen, but not on bad feet.

June 2, 2008 at 8:57 pm
(9) Oak Park Al says:

Yes – bought it at the local drug store and love my ped egg. Easy to use and fairly fast results. The smoothing sandpaper finisher works great, too. I just wish it had more little planers, closer together in each direction so it would go faster.

June 3, 2008 at 11:03 am
(10) Elizabeth says:

I do use it. But, I find that some of the dried skin does not stay inside the egg. It seems to fall out of the holes.

June 30, 2008 at 10:05 am
(11) Mary says:

Thanks for the tip, Julyne. I LOVE my PedEgg!!!!! Us thyroid folks can have dry feet, and this is absolutely the best little gizmo.

August 1, 2008 at 5:16 pm
(12) Steve says:

I really like using my PedEgg. It really does a good job on my feet. Now all I have to do is find a nice pair of sandals to wear!

August 27, 2008 at 9:59 am
(13) Jodi says:

I have a sore heel with a small cut…Do you think the Pediegg could have done this?>

October 13, 2008 at 10:28 pm
(14) nicole says:

the pedegg made my foot bleed! It is actully like a human cheese gratter!

October 26, 2008 at 9:36 am
(15) Iain MacMillan says:

I bought mine from Ebay for 4.95 + Free P&P.
Last night, on a U.K shopping channel, I saw the Pedegg [only one] for 39.95!!!

Would people really be so daft as to pay that? I hope not.

My 4.95 Pedegg is exellent, it did in seconds what a pumis [sp?] stone might do in days or a week.
It’s an exellent product, though you might need a corn shaver for the big toe area.

April 23, 2009 at 12:44 am
(16) Debra says:

I cannot believe all of the positive reviews on this product. The public is so easily ripped off. I had no confidence buying it, since I have purchased a couple of other “as seen on TV” products that were a waste of money. I am a licensed Nail Tech/Pedicurist for 17 years. I bought one of these thinking “if” it would be easier, safer than the credo blade we professionals use and also do as good a job it would be great. Wrong! This thing is a piece of inferior, cheap plastic that will not remove even the slightest build up of dead skin — much less on clients that have really bad feet! It was a great disappointment, but I predicted it would be. Wish I’d made all the money the person who came up with this cheap rip-off and I wouldn’t ever have to break my back doing any more pedicures!

September 12, 2009 at 10:44 pm
(17) Kelsey says:

It isn’t worth your money. I bought it tonight after my pumice stone wasn’t removing all the dead skin on my feet, and I had heard that it worked really well. It didn’t. All it did was shred up all the dead skin on my feet so now I have loose dead skin, but not too much actually came OFF. The emery board that they give you to smooth your feet even more worked better than the actual PedEgg. If you have a lot of dead skin on your feet, just go get a pedicure and have them take it off for you.

May 18, 2011 at 10:32 pm
(18) Lynda says:

I have been using a ped egg for about a year now and it works better than anything I have previously tried. The major disadvantage of the Ped Egg is that the blades get dull over time and you have to replace them. The replacement blades can be difficult to find in regular stores, but many of the beauty supply stores do carry them. I usually find my replacements at Sally Beauty Supply. I use the Ped Egg and then apply a good cream and wear white socks at night. In the morning, my feet are a good as new.