This is a great, easy look to do yourself and works best on medium-to-long hair. Here's some tips on how to do this sexy look yourself.
- What you'll need: blowdryer, thickening spray, metal barrel brush and hairspray.
- Quick tip before you begin: This style works best on thick, straight, medium or long hair. If you have curly hair, this will work too, but you'll need a straightening iron. If your hair is coarse, this is OK too, but definitely straighten it with an iron and spritz shine serum on. This will give you the appearance of having naturally straight hair, which tends to be more shiny than curly hair.
- Spray thickening spray on wet hair: To give hair body, you need to use spray on your roots. I like Bumble and Bumble.
- Blowdry hair: Secret here is to blowdry hair upside down. Leave damp ends for the next step.
- Blowdry ends: The secret to the flip is to use a styling spray on ends and then curl ends up with the metal round brush while blowdrying the ends.
- Spray, but not too much: You don't want to look like a helmet head, do you?