A chignon (soft bun) is a classic, easy, elegant look that has been made popular on the red carpet. A chignon also a simple prom hair style for anyone with medium-to-long hair. As you can see from Michelle Trachtenberg's picture, it works great with curly hair. Here's some tips on how to do this sexy prom hair style yourself.
- What you'll need: blowdryer, thickening spray, 2 ponytail holders, hairpins, gel and hairspray.
- Decide what type of part you want: You can start with a side part or a center part.
- Gather hair into a ponytail: You'll want to keep the ponytail low at the base of the neck.
- Twist hair: Put gel on ponytail to keep it manageable and twist the hair of the ponytail.
- Wrap hair around ponytail: You'll want to secure this with the other ponytail holder.
- Secure chignon with hairpins: A slick of gel will keep any loose hair in place.
- Spray: This will keep your hair style in place. For a younger look, let ends stick out.