I'm on an organic kick right and I prefer not to put anything on my skin that I couldn't, well, eat. This means I'm moisturizing more with oils (think sweet almond and coconut), I'm scrubbing my skin and lips with brown sugar and coconut oil, I'm steaming my face over my teapot and I'm taking baths in milk and salts.
It's amazing what you can do with simple staples found in your kitchen. There's absolutely no need to spend $22 on a lip scrub, $40 on a facial mask or $8 on a package of organic baby wipes when you can make these products yourself for a dollar or 2. What's more, unlike some products out there which are tested on animals and possibly full of ingredients you really don't want on your skin, you know exactly what you're dealing with when you make your own beauty products.
In this slideshow I'll share 18 of my favorite organic, natural beauty tips -- some tricks you may already know about and some stuff you probably never thought of. But all of these tips are tried-and-true and some of the recipes are so good, you'll want to eat the leftovers.
Click through to each, or pick and choose your favorites from this list:
- $65 Brown Sugar Scrubs vs. My $1 Homemade Version
- My Favorite Teapot Face Steam
- Amazing Lip Scrub Using Honey & Brown Sugar
- How to Make Your Own Baby Wipes
- Amazing Milk Bath Recipe
- Homemade Sugar Wax Recipe
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as Overall Body Moisturizer
- Use Aspirin for a Quick Pimple Fix
- Apple Cider Vinegar Helps Add Shine to Limp Locks
- Use Milk or Yogurt as a Cleanser
- Use Olive Oil as an Eye Makeup Remover
- Make Your Own Hair Conditioner
- Make a Face Mask Out of Simple Ingredients in Your Kitchen
- How to Make Your Own Cold Cream
- How to Make Your Own Tinted Lip Balm
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as Foundation Primer
- Lemon as a Toner
- Highlight Your Hair With Chamomile Tea