Actress Thandie Newton (who has a dark complexion) reportedly adds turmeric powder to her tinted moisturizer to give her the perfect glow.
Warning: Turmeric powder can stain fair skin. The same properties that make yellow and dark skin glow can make pink-skinned women look sallow. However, the stain does fade away after a few hours.
- 2 tablespoons flour (used to thicken the paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- For oily skin: 1/4 cup plain yogurt & few drops of lemon juice
- For dry skin: 2 tablespoons olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil, maybe more
- A few drops of honey
If you have oily skin: Add lemon juice and stir. Slowly mix in the yogurt until a creamy paste is formed. Use more or less yogurt to your liking.
If you have dry skin: Add the oil slowly and stir until a paste is formed. Add more for more creaminess.
Apply mask to face and neck.
Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes.
Using a warm, wet washcloth that you don't mind staining (turmeric will stain), rinse off the mask.
More on skin:
- See more homemade face mask recipes
- See more Dry skin? 25 of my best itchy skin fixes
- Hair mask & hair rinse recipes
- An amazing guacamole made with peas? You won't believe how good Rancho La Puerta's Famous Guacamole Recipe is.
More on skincare: