7 Secrets to a Younger Looking Neck
Quick TipUnfortunately, the neck seems to age faster than any other part of the body, and while there are some definite reasons for it, most of them are neglect. Here are some ways to slow down the aging while making the throat appear years younger.
- A lot of women apply foundation to the neck area as well as to the face. If this is one of your habits, be sure that you don't forget that it is there when you remove your makeup at night. It's easy to do after a long night on the town and you can barely keep your eyes open. Believe it or not, a lot of people completely forget to cleanse the neck when all thoughts are on hitting the sheets. This is just another reason why necks often appear grey and dull.
- A youthful neck also requires gentle exfoliation. This can be accomplished with a soft washcloth.
- Use a sunblock on the neck area to protect it from the aging rays that can contribute to blotchy skin tones and age spots.
- While this isn't a permanent fix, applying moisturizer to the area, will definitely help to make the the wrinkles less noticeable. A regular application of moisturizer will also prevent itching and dryness which is common in the neck area of someone with eczema.
You can relax the tension in your neck, jaw and face by simply pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth for a few seconds. Release and you should feel the tension drain away.
- Try to eat as well as you possibly can. It is commonly accepted that refined foods like white flour, sugar and products made with them, tea, coffee, and soft drinks contribute to wrinkles, and premature aging.
- What to do about turkey necks? You know what I'm talking about... the neck that suddenly has loose skin and lots of lines. Luckily, chokers are answer and there are so many to choose from. And in case you are wondering, they are always in fashion as they are so often updated. A word of caution though... don't wear the choker too tightly around the neck.