2 of 14
The Newsprint Manicure
When my 15-year-old nail polish aficionado friend, Rosemary, showed me this DIY manicure I went crazy for it. We simply couldn't wait to try it. We bought the newspaper and the rubbing alcohol and got to work using the directions Rosemary found on the Fashion Fades, Style is Eternal
Tumblr site. It didn't work. The newsprint didn't come off on Rosemary's nails as directed.
I tried it later using other directions I found on the Web and it worked much better. Here's how to give yourself a newsprint manicure:
- Paint nails in a light color.
- Let nails dry completely (this is very important).
- Layer a piece of newspaper over the nail.
- Press a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol over the newsprint so the text transfers to the nail. Hold a few seconds.
- Lift the newspaper from nail. Let dry.
- Finish with a topcoat.
I think it would be fun to mix it up with a foreign language newsprint or even part of a comic strip.