Question: I Overplucked My Eyebrows. What Can I Do?
Answer: The worst thing one can do is overpluck. Well, not the worst. But be careful because once plucked, your eyebrows can take months to eventually grow back. Until that happens, fill in bare spots with a brow powder or pencil. Use light, feathery strokes to create a realistic look, rather then drawing a line. Set the color with brow gel.
- Find a pencil color that matches your brows as closely as possible.
- Don't have a pencil on hand? Try an eyeshadow that matches your brows, you can fill in color with shadow, although it may not look as realistic.
- Pick up gel brow at any drugstore. No need to spend a lot of cash on this product.
- Keep brows in place with a spritz of hairspray applied to finger or a toothbrush. Brush brows in place.
- Next time, get brows professionally tweezed, waxed or threaded (my personal favorite). Follow the "map" created by the professional with a pair of tweezers in between salon visits. This will help keep you from overplucking again.
More must-reads on brow grooming: