This is a very youthful, feminine hairstyle on journalist and Huffington Post founder, Arianna Huffington (born July 15, 1950). In her interview on the wonderful blog, Into the Gloss, Huffington shares her top beauty secrets:
- There are a lot of things that I wish I had done differently earlier. I wish I had accepted my hair earlier—I have very, very, very frizzy, curly hair. It’s straight [now], but when it goes curly, I don’t think it looks horrible anymore.
- I get my hair blow-dried. I have someone who comes here and will do it, so I can keep working; I find it saves time. I have a phenomenal hair colorist, Louis Licari. I like how it looks now with a lot of highlights; it’s a bit more honey-ish. And we changed the part—it was going from left to right, and now it’s going from right to left. It’s funny, the day after my hair stylist did it, I walked into the office and everyone thought I had done something dramatic, and all we’d done was change the part; it completely changes your look. But now this is it. I’ve reached the end of my hair reincarnations.
- When I fainted from exhaustion several years ago, I used that moment both to correct my own life and then, of course, to evangelize about sleep. I actually gave a TED Talk called “How To Sleep Your Way to the Top—Literally.” It’s really about redefining success, which, for me, started with rediscovering sleep. I was getting three to four hours of sleep before and now I’m getting seven to eight. I look different, I feel different. I’m much more effective.
- First of all, I’m 62 and I don’t believe in plastic surgery, at least for me—every woman should make their own decisions about that. I just believe in aging and maintenance. I believe in great facials. I get regular facials, once a month.
- I’m also religious about taking makeup off at night.
- I also try to eat well—I don’t eat sugar and I don’t drink. My one major weakness is cafe lattes. I have to be stopped, but I can have two or three a day.
More on Huffington's beauty tips:
- The Perfect Blowout: How to Blow Dry Your Hair
- Should You Get Balayage or Foil Highlights?
- How To Do The Basic At-Home Facial
- How to Remove Your Makeup
Huffington is in her 60s. Get inspired by this gallery of Great Haircuts for Women in Their 60s.