If you have an oval face shape, stop for a second and congratulate yourself. You've landed the most versatile face shape. Many women blessed with different face shapes -- round, long (like me), square and heart -- gets haircuts that will give the allusion that they have an oval face.
You can wear almost any hairstyle. So what are the best, most flattering hairstyles for oval faces?
No matter the length of your cut, you'll look best with layers near your cheekbones, lips or chin; basically whatever feature you want to highlight.
Jennifer's Aniston's haircut looks amazing on an oval face. The long layers hit at the cheekbones and the chin. The hair is longer in the back and shorter in the front so it doesn't weigh down Aniston's face. If you are petite, you want to avoid super long hair in the front because you risk looking like you're 10 years old.
Since so many styles work for you, keep in mind these rules for finding the perfect hairstyle for your personality and hair texture:
- Rule No. 1: Stay away from dated hairstyles. If you haven't changed your style in a decade, find a new photo and get your hair cut. A bad hairstyle can age you by 10 years (these celebrities prove my theory).
- Rule No. 2: Don't fight your natural hair texture. You can straighten curly hair, but it takes time and money. Why not invest in a good haircut for your curly hair instead? If you have super thin hair, don't try to grow your hair beyond your shoulders without the help of extensions, your hair will be lifeless and flat, no matter how much product you put in it. Instead, cut in layers and keep the length above your shoulders. Find inspiration in these shoulder-length hairstyles.
- Rule No. 3: Pick a style that suits your personality and lifestyle. If you are quirky, get a funky hair cut and color. If you're edgy, a pompadour may be a great bet. If you're a busy mom, cut your hair so it's stylish, yet doesn't require 15 minutes a day of styling.
More on face shapes:
- Haircuts: Best Styles for Every Face Shape
- Best Short Hairstyles by Face Shape
- Best Bangs by Face Shape
- How to Determine Your Face Shape
- Wear glasses? Find out which frames flatter your face shape in Best Glasses for Your Face Shape.
Not sure if you have an oval face? Find out what face shape you have. See other flattering haircuts for round, long and square faces.