The Bottom Line
- Incredibly creamy, moisturizing and weightless
- Awesome for brightening up the face
- Light-reflecting pigments make eyes and entire face appear brighter
- The best skin brightener on the market
- A pricey concealer, not everyone will be able to afford it (about $39 at fine department stores)
- Contains mineral oil, so could highlight large pores
- Is not great for concealing much, better for brightening skin. It won't cover up dark circles
- Excellent highlighter for the face and eye area, really "wakes up" the eye
- Brightens eye area without looking "cakey"
- A must-buy, according to me and Instyle Magazine. It's also a favorite among reviewers on Makeupalley.com.
Guide Review - Review of Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Concealer
When I bought Touche Eclat, I was first disappointed because I bought it to use as an undereye concealer. I felt it did nothing for circles and dark spots under the eyes, so I asked the saleswoman at Saks on Fifth Avenue in NY what was up. She said I was using it wrong and gave me a demonstration on how to properly use it. Now I am addicted.
The secret is to use it as a highlighter, not a concealer. Apply a bit under the eyes, above the brow, in the creases of the jowls (along your nose) and under the chin. Then pat in with the pad of your finger. One great tip is to look in the mirror with your chin down. Apply Touche Eclat to the dark shadowed spaces.
Like any popular product, there are dissenters. While more than 70 percent of the more than 300 Touche Eclat reviewers on Makeupalley.com would buy this concealer again, those who wouldn't aren't pleased with the pricey price tag. Others find the mineral oil in the concealer highlights large pores.