When it comes to choosing the perfect hairstyle for prom, a wedding or any formal occasion, you can't go wrong with a classic updo. I've picked 30 gorgeous updos that aren't tacky or over-the-top, but rather are classy and perfect for prom, homecoming or a wedding.
Classic updos can be simple or complicated. I recommend taking a photo into a stylist and having your updo professionally done. You can watch YouTube videos on how to do your own updo (with the help of someone, of course), but for a special event, a professional's touch is worth the extra money.
Some things to consider:
- I recommend choosing your dress first, then your hairstyle.
- Consider the neckline of your dress when picking the hairstyle. Long hair kept down won't work with every dress, whereas a classic updo will.
- Your hair needs to be a certain length to be able to pinned up into an updo. You might consider letting your short or medium-length hair grow out a few months before your big event.
- Get your hair colored at least a few days before prom or the wedding. This way if the color is off, you have time to fix it.
- As gross as it sounds hair that hasn't just been washed works best for updos. Silky, soft hair won't stay put, but if you have coarse, dry hair, you are good to go. You can create texture with dry shampoo or even baby powder to keep hair from falling out.
Enjoy the gallery!
Plus, check out these galleries: