The Bottom Line
This is a good, basic book for teens wanting to know quick fixes for beauty. The book is chock-full of wisdom & solid beauty advice, although some of the references to trends & celebrities seems a bit oudated 4 years after the book was published. Teens are more focused on Lindsay Lohan & Mischa Barton these days. They don't care about Jennifer Lopez or Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Compact book, easy to read
- Quick, easy-to-read tips
- Some good advice
- Homemade beauty recipes
- A bit outdated, book was published in 2002
- Not very savvy for hip teens
- This book would make a great gift for a teen with a basic interest in beauty or fashion.
- Buy online, it's cheaper. You'll find prices as low as $2 (book sells for $15 in stores).
- Get information not just on beauty, but on hair emergencies, breakouts, wardrobe calamaties & more.
Guide Review - Beauty Book
This is one of the only teen beauty books on the market right now (Bobbi Brown has a new one that wasn't yet out on the shelves when we bought this one). For that reason, this book is worth a buy, at least until a more hip, up-to-date book is published. Many of the beauty tips & homemade recipes in this book are ones that stand the test of time.