Bangs. We covet them. Especially long, side-swept bangs that frame the face just so. They grow out beautifully, too, just in case you get sick of them and want a change.
This gallery is dedicated to the side-swept bang. I feature 19 of the best of them, all on celebrities. You'll learn how to style these bangs, how to get the right cut and much more.
Here, Reese Witherspoon shows off a style with bangs. Witherspoon almost always has bangs (see my photo gallery of Reese Witherspoon Hair: Her Most Iconic Looks). She looks great with side-swept bangs. Also note how her hair has layers that are tapered along her face.
Some tips if you have bangs or want to get them:
- Consider the upkeep. Bangs take regular trims. Ask your stylist if they offer free bang trims or learn how to trim your own bangs.
- Bangs look best on hair that's naturally straight, but you can pull them off if you have wavy hair and blow them out straight. Bangs do not work well on curly hair.
- Dry bangs first before drying the rest of your hair. Your bangs are shorter so they dry faster, which is why you want to catch them before they dry all wonky.
- Once you get the perfect cut, you need to make sure you properly know how to blow dry your bangs. Many, many women suffer from "Bubble Bangs" a bang syndrome that could be avoided if only they put down the round brush and blew their hair dry with a flat or paddle brush. I give the full report in How to Blow Dry Bangs.
- You may need a good flat-iron. See my list of the best flat irons.
- We love the look of thick, heavy bangs and side-swept bangs. Just avoid the thin, wispy, all-one-length bang -- it will make your face look "boxy" and dated. A very hot look right now are thick bangs paired with long, wavy layers. Sexy. (You'll see pictures in this gallery).
- Not ready for the thick bangs? Try side-swept bangs paired with long layers. Layering hair with bangs works best because it's less boxy while allowing your hair to grow out without looking too extreme if you decide to grow out the trend.
This is Gallery 2. See my other galleries of bang hairstyles: