How To Cope With 'Growing Out' HairGrowing your hair out from one length to another isn't the nightmare you may have thought. With a few little tricks, you will be amazed at what is possible. Here are 10 to get you started.
Time Required: N/A
1. As you hair is growing out, visit the salon regularly. Frequent trims can help even out awkward stages.
2. Use hair accessories to pin back or lift a section until it is the proper length.
3. Play with your hair. Each week, try a new style. You will be amazed at what you can do with a set of rollers, a few bobby pins or a curling iron.
4. If you have a digital camera, take lots of photos of your style so that you can see what you have to work with. What you see in the mirror isn't always what everyone else sees.
5. Use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for your hair. If your hair isn't dry, why would you use a shampoo for dry hair?
6. Experiment with styling products. They can provide you with tons of styling possibilities.
7. Study hairstyle magazines. You will likely see several styles that you can copy.