Getting Ready to Wax
Quick TipBefore you begin the preparations for waxing, there are a few things you should be aware of.
- The skin needs to be dry before this procedure. A little moisture could hamper the results that you are looking for.
- The thicker the hair, the harder it will be to pull out. Be sure that you are applying the wax in the direction of the hair. More about that below.
- The formulation of the wax might be too weak for you. As you will soon see when shopping for waxes, there are all kinds of waxes on the market. They range from thin to very thick.
- The hairs to be pulled out are too short. They need to be long enough (about 1/8 of an inch) to become embedded in the wax.
- Practice, practice, practice...