How To Beat The Winter BluesIt seems that every magazine you pick up has something written on this topic, so if you think that you are alone, trust me, you're not. It seems that there are a lot of us who suffer from the winter blues.
Time Required: N/A
1. Learn something new. It should take your mind off your "blues". Natima... a good friend decided to take Russian, and she is doing brilliantly at it!
2. Get out your gardening magazines. Thinking about your garden will make spring seem that much closer.
3. Check out new fragrances for summer. I am thinking something floral! Putting your heavier scent away will put you in the right frame of mind.
4. Lose yourself in a novel. You need some "me" time and curling up in front of the fire with a good book makes everything seem okay with the world.
5. A pot of tulips makes me think spring. Even the fragrance evokes thoughts of warm soil and spring days.
6. Discover auctions. My husband and I check out what is on the block, about once a month, but only during the winter months. They are great fun and something to look forward to.