Some of us have had the same hairstyle and worn the same makeup for years because we're afraid to try something new, we can't part with our long hair or we're scared to death of color. Forget the TV shows, give yourself a makeover this weekend! Here's how...
- First, find out what haircut best suits your face shape.
- Peruse magazines or these photo galleries for styles you like.
- Always come with pictures in hand to the salon. Make sure you wash & style your hair as you normally do. This shows your stylist how much time you really have to spend on your hair.
- Show, don't tell. Sit down with the stylist before you get your hair wet, & show him/her exactly how short you're comfortable going. Pointing out with your hands says much more than stating, "a couple inches." Feeling brave? Tell your stylist you're comfortable with change & willing to let them work their magic.
- Definitely consider color. If you have dark hair, try going a shade or 2 lighter or try out a deep auburn. If you have lighter hair, go for highlights.
- Point out your best feature to the stylist. If you have fabulous eyes, cheeks or lips mention that you'd like them to 'pop.' He or she will know what to do.
- Once your hair is done, stop by a department store & get your makeup done at your favorite counter (MAC, Lancome & Chanel are good choices). Treat yourself to powder, a new eyeshadow shade or a new lipstick. No need to splurge on mascara.
- Go out for dinner or drinks with friends or your family & celebrate your new look!