It seems everyone I know over 35 has one question for me when they find out I'm a beauty editor: What anti-aging products do I recommend. Since the first signs of aging are around the eyes, people usually want to know about eye creams. So I've compiled my list of favorite eye creams from fancy and fabulous to the best deals at the drugstore.
Everyone wants to look 5-10 years younger than they are (just like everyone wants to be above-average, right?), so aside from wearing eye cream, here's how to do just that...
- Prevent wrinkles. Wear sunscreen every day even when it's cloudy. See my list of the best sunscreens.
- Fix the wrinkles you have by using a prescription retinoid like Renova or Retin-A. Retinoids boost collagen production. See "Is Retin-A the secret to youthful skin?"
- Give your skin life with antioxidants. Antioxidants such as Vitamin C cream repair what has been damaged by sun exposure, smoking, the natural aging process and more. There's more on antioxidants in "How to get rid of wrinkles."
- Slough off dead skin on a weekly basis with a scrub made for the face. Check out my list of the best scrubs.
- It's very important to choose cleansers, moisturizers and a skin care routine based on your skin type. Use products formulated for dry, oily or combination skin and if you have sensitive skin, consult a dermatologist on the best skincare routine for you. See my lists of the best cleansers and moisturizers.
Image: Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel by Pricegrabber