1. Style
Julyne Derrick

Is It Time You Became a "Bronde"?

By August 27, 2011

One of the hottest hair colors this year is brunette with blonde, sun-kissed highlights (dubbed "bronde" by celebrity stylist Kim Vo).

To get this look, you want to start with brown hair and ask your colorist to paint on 2 different blondes on the top layers only. Hair painting is called "balyage" and looks more natural than foils. The two colors add dimension and depth to hair.

See a photo gallery of bronde hairstyles on Sarah Jessica Parker, Bar Rafaeli (pictured here), Jennifer Lopez and more.

Photo of Bar Rafaeli by Pascal Le Segretain, Getty Images

Comments

July 7, 2010 at 10:54 pm
(1) Marisú says:

This sucks. It screams “FAKE BLONDE!” And a fake blonde who has neglected her roots, to make it worse.

July 8, 2010 at 4:48 am
(2) tina says:

I think it´s lovely! Need to talk to my colorist…:-)

July 8, 2010 at 9:49 am
(3) Stephen says:

The bottom tips and her roots look akward to me. I think she would look better with blonde hair or brown hair (not both!).

July 9, 2010 at 2:56 am
(4) Sandra says:

I think it Looks UGLY. Like a dye job got screwed up. You know it said, just because it’s new, doesn’t make it better. It’s Not for me..

July 9, 2010 at 1:33 pm
(5) Jenny says:

No, this is cool. But we´ve had this here in Europe a couple of years already and we´re used to it. Now it´s more having 5 or 6 shades but in the same palette – not brown AND blond. But I don´t think this is ugly. She is looking very “I-do-what-I-want-to-do-and-not-what-you-expect-me-to-do”.

July 11, 2010 at 1:51 pm
(6) Kyori says:

Yeah, this is waaay too blonde for me. I’ll stick with my black and blue, personally. It does look… Kinda good on her. ^^

July 13, 2010 at 4:12 pm
(7) Dimension A Salon says:

For once I have to agree with everyone else. Pass on it.