1. Style
Julyne Derrick

Miley Cyrus Cuts Her Hair Shorter (Finally)

By June 26, 2010

I'm not a fan of hair-down-to-your-hips on anyone. Super long hair is simply excessive, like super long fingernails or Hummers or McMansions. So when Miley Cyrus cut her extensions off I was thrilled with the results. What do you think?

See photos of Miley Cyrus's hair

Photo: Miley Cyrus, Jean Baptiste Lacroix of WireImage

Comments

June 30, 2010 at 2:29 pm
(1) JUDY K. says:

Hi,
I love long hair. Miley looks great with long hair & also looks good with her shorter hair cut. She is cute & very pretty. She also looks wonderful with curly & straight hair.

Long hair is looks good if it’s healthy. She can change her hairstyles & look amazing.

July 1, 2010 at 12:42 am
(2) Su says:

I don’t like Miley’s hair short!! I loved Miley’s long, flowing hair that she used to sport. Whether they were extentions, or her real hair, I think the long hair “became” her facial structure. In fact, IMO, I always thought with Miley, that the longer was definitely the better! I just liked it better.

July 1, 2010 at 10:56 am
(3) mick says:

I have no issue with REAL long hair. You have great- condition hair, and it’s long…super. Wear it up when called for; wearing it down in intimate moments is super sexy; and updos are always classic on the elders–better than the helmet head (MHO). Keeping it clean, and tidy (more of less; I doubt I’m much less a hair perfectionist as Jul)–not slapdash (HATE messy ponytails), is the key for me.

Tend to agree with you about the extensions. I think their great for special or intriguing occasions but not for everyday. You want everyday long hair….grow it, take care of it.

If no one ever grew their hair past 10 inches, then changed it up, where would a lot of the wigs-for-cancer hair come from?

July 1, 2010 at 11:01 am
(4) mick says:

ugh…

more or less; doubt I’m as much a perfectionist

and

I think they’re [extensions] great for special…occasions.

I need my elevensees tea. Cheers!

July 1, 2010 at 6:14 pm
(5) Lisa says:

Gosh, I love that cut. I actually thought I liked her hair long, but that really is a weight off her shoulders (horrific pun not intended).

July 3, 2010 at 3:27 am
(6) Ema says:

I don’t like her hair cut short. I know that her hair wasn’t real but she has had her long hair for a long time and honestly I think back in 08 into 09 her hair was almost that long. I think that she will get them again because in almost every article she said her fav hair style was LONG, BROWN, AND CURLY. It easy to just put your hair up if you don’t want to deal with it or if it’s hot. And if that’s the case I think she will have her long extentions back by winter unless she’s just trying to grow her real hair out. I hope she goes back to long hair. She looks 12 with that hair cut.

July 21, 2010 at 3:23 am
(7) Rachel says:

I actually like it. She looks more relaxed in this pic unlike the wild child she’s been lately ;)

Stay beautiful…

July 28, 2010 at 12:04 pm
(8) john says:

i think miley looks dumb with long hair. she just looks too inmature. she looks more calm and civilized with short hair. so the shorter she cuts her hair the more i like her. (right now im not her fan)

September 5, 2010 at 12:13 pm
(9) Savannah says:

She’s gorgeous either way.

November 12, 2010 at 10:02 pm
(10) Maddie says:

Whenever I see Miley with her extra-long hair and I just want to chop it all off.
She looks MUCH better with it shorter.

November 22, 2010 at 8:19 pm
(11) Molly says:

she just took out her extensions

December 1, 2010 at 5:15 pm
(12) karrah says:

i like miley cyrus i think shes cool(: and a great roll model

December 6, 2010 at 8:31 pm
(13) Marina says:

i really dont like miley very much but i think she is always pretty

December 15, 2010 at 2:55 pm
(14) sasha says:

at first i didnt know those were extentions i actually thought that was her real hair cuz i loved it at first but she stil looks ok or good…………….it doesnt really matter to me its her hair………..lol

December 27, 2010 at 1:38 am
(15) Rach says:

Wow her hair looks good short she looks cute and prettier although i personally prefer LONG hair yeah including excessively long!!!

January 9, 2011 at 8:40 am
(16) Karolina says:

Miley Ray Cyrus is so cool with her short hair she is so beautiful

January 9, 2011 at 11:12 pm
(17) lilly says:

I think she looks better with long hair instead of short hair. They where only extensions so she can always put them back in. I think she should even grow it long. Her hair was her signiture look. oh and to maddie who wanted to chop her hair off every time you saw her, you want to do the same with me .

January 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm
(18) lilly says:

sorry maddie

February 1, 2011 at 8:51 am
(19) boogie bear says:

personally i think miley looks really good in her hair cut. u know what would look better? a boy friend

March 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm
(20) Nexis Hexus says:

I think your magazine should focus on scrutinizing the editors and the staff rather than be a gossip mint for propagating judgement on pre-adult actors and musicians. for how much the fashion media industry spends on telling people to look certain ways, they certainly don’t open their pie hole for telling the private sector “hey.. these styles are not what we prefer but they don’t have an effect on the employees work accept for the positive when they can express themselves…” Its proven time and time again with Google, The Container Store, Pixar.. etc. Bottom line: This article is about how people are CONTAINED to what people think is style .. and are mostly lichen and content of convention; the example is placed as an icon that has to uphold a standard of a sort of elitist outside that box always. The goal of the magazine to picture the celeb is inappropriate.