1. Style
Julyne Derrick

Would You Ever Put Cold Teabags on Your Tired Eyes?

By March 9, 2009

I read a beauty tip awhile bag that sounded genius to me: Put a used bag of caffeinated tea (black tea) in the refrigerator for a half-hour, then place over your eyelids. Keep them there for 10 minutes and any puffiness will go away. Caffeine is supposed to be good for the eye area. I haven't tried this because I worry what would happen if any of the tea leaked into the eye? Ugggh. If anyone's tried this or is willing to try it, let me know if it works. Another favorite tired-eye tip: Keeping a teaspoon in the freezer for mornings when your tired eyes need a pick-me-up. Simply place the spoon over each eye.

Comments

March 10, 2009 at 12:21 am
(1) somy says:

The tea bag is very good, it removes triedness. don’t worry about getting tea inside your eyes because they don’t botter your eye and even if you fill ichy or irretating you just try to wash your eyes with tea, I mean the liquide not leaves.

March 11, 2009 at 6:07 am
(2) Belinda says:

I rinse my skin with rooibos tea. Rich in anti-oxidants. (great for sensitive skin)

March 12, 2009 at 11:00 pm
(3) Darlene says:

To The question of cold teabags? Yes it works.
You wait for the bags to cool down then try not to break the bag that is holding the leaves. Preparation H is good to take the puffy under the eyes. You put it on, then your makeup and you’re good to go!

March 16, 2009 at 1:32 pm
(4) Lee Ann says:

I do the cold spoon thing all the time and it works.

March 16, 2009 at 5:04 pm
(5) J. T. says:

The tea bags do work. I have bad sinuses and wake up puffy most mornings. In desperation I tried tea bags. It did help and the tea did not bother my eyes at all.

March 16, 2009 at 5:36 pm
(6) kristen shea says:

I use 2 tea bags for 2 cups of tea e. morn.I do this time saving trick as well. While making breakfast place teabags in freezer. Be sure to really squeeze excess out. After 10 min remove and lie on floor with 2 bags (1 for e. eye).While eyes deflate for ten minutes do various stretches. I combine my tea, breakfast, eye defation and streching in 30 min. ITS GREAT. I get up energized with bagless undereyes enriched with antioxidants from tea.

March 17, 2009 at 1:32 am
(7) Mariluce says:

I have tried the tea bags and the only thing I noticed after I removed them was black patches in the undereye area. These things discolor on your skin!

March 17, 2009 at 3:13 am
(8) suman says:

kristen, your idea sounds tempting… :-)

March 19, 2009 at 7:05 pm
(9) susie says:

i have tryed the tea bags over the eyes and i think its very good feels soothing dose not hurt at all. have done it many more times. give it a try!

October 21, 2009 at 11:12 pm
(10) Me2781 says:

Will any type of tea work or just black tea? I was thinking of trying this

October 23, 2009 at 1:04 am
(11) beauty says:

many teas will work. good luck!

March 17, 2012 at 5:33 am
(12) Sonia says:

Teabags are great to remove redness and puffy eyes. Chamomile is good but so are cucumbers and drinking water.

January 18, 2014 at 10:37 am
(13) lilian says:

my mother tried this t bag trick years ago,, and could not go out for a while because she looked as tho’ she had two black eyes. the tea bags had stained the eye area dark brown.