1. Style
Julyne Derrick

Yes, This Horse Business is Good for Your Hair

By January 6, 2008

One of the readers featured in this month's Lucky Magazine swears by conditioner made for horse hair, called Mane 'n Tail Conditioner. It's been around since at least 1993 and many celebrities including Jennifer Aniston and Sarah Jessica Parker have touted it as one of their beauty secrets. The Lucky reader, Victoria Asher, 24, says "nothing makes my hair softer." This is a good product for typically dry, coarse hair. Read more about it on the company Website. You can get it at Ricky's for $9, your local horse grooming store (heh) or buy it online cheaper.

Comments

January 14, 2008 at 2:31 pm
(1) silvia wainwright says:

yes it is true I can vouvhe for main and tail shampoo and conditioner, it is amazingly good at such an afordable price, I use it on my dog as well, it is great

January 15, 2008 at 8:27 am
(2) aphrodite says:

i can also vouch for the good result of the mane ‘n tail shampoo & conditioner. i used it when i lived in makati city, philippines. in fact, its demand was quite high that stores and even malls were selling them at higher prices. there’s something already produced specifically for human hair. the products make the hair strands thicker thus creating a nice volume.

January 15, 2008 at 1:07 pm
(3) Josette says:

I used the Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner together for a few weeks (the bottles are so large that they last a real long time-even with longer hair). At first I really liked it, it made my hair soft and shiny, but eventually it started to just dry my hair out. I decided to never purchase it again. It did not make my hair grow any thicker or stronger, longer, etc. as it claims to do, just like for horses. But if you’d like to try it yourself you can usually find it at any Walgreens for about $7.99 a bottle and Walgreens also has buy one get one free on this item often.

August 5, 2008 at 1:58 am
(4) Inna says:

My partners at work said that this shampoo make your hair healthier, shiny and actually make it grow faster. I immediately went to SALLY’s and bought it.The shampoo cost 3.99 and conditioner 4.99.This stuff is really amazing, it is not expensive and works great. I like it.

July 7, 2009 at 6:13 pm
(5) sean says:

so where can i buy this mane n tail shampoo in Philippines? do know any shops that distribute this brand of shampoo?

i found this shampoo in watson, and im still hesitant about purchasing it, because i don’t know if its original or fake…

do you have any idea how to know if its fake or not?

thanks :)

January 25, 2010 at 4:17 pm
(6) LaRae says:

I used this in high school and I had long shiny hair down to my waist! Due to a bad haircut, I recently started using it, I’ll keep you posted if it makes my hair grow faster or not.

May 20, 2011 at 4:18 pm
(7) Toto' :-) says:

“Hairvitalize Horse Shampoo” is available at Pricelite Outlet Store at Boracay crown regency resort,I was a little scared when I started using it as my regular shampoo but after a week of using it I found my hair faster grow, shiny and it also looks Healthy.

November 8, 2012 at 11:12 am
(8) Gertz says:

A friend gave me one bottle of Hairvitalize Horse shampoo last week. After using it a few times, I felt that it was working….I feel like racing in the horsetrack now!!!

December 15, 2012 at 3:22 am
(9) kitty says:

this shampoo works great for me, it makes my hair more shinier and bouncier although ive been in rebonding and relaxing treatment before. i would recommend this, two thumbs up!