1. Style
I got an email this week from a woman named Shannon frustrated that she couldn't find a good foundation to cover the redness on her cheeks and around her nose caused by lupus. She's in luck because I know exactly how to match her up with the right foundation, plus I gave her tips and tricks to keep her foundation from looking flakey or cakey. Check out her question and my answer here.

Comments

November 13, 2007 at 6:22 am
(1) Kayla says:

ive heard that foundations with red-blue undertones as opposed to yellow-green are very good for rosacea

November 17, 2007 at 1:56 am
(2) beauty says:

Usually you want the opposite of what you have: if you have pink, ruddy skin (typical with rosacea) you can offset it with yellow undertones.

November 17, 2007 at 1:09 pm
(3) Kayla says:

no, look at this
i think it should be the 3rd or 4th article down?

November 17, 2007 at 2:17 pm
(4) beauty says:

ah, yes, here is what Shannon at Makeup Minute learned at a Prescriptives counter, interesting!

By then my customized makeup was ready, but when Sue opened the bottle of foundation, my mouth dropped a little. I was confused and told her that it seemed really pink–since I have so much red in my skin, I was nervous that this would bring it out even more. Sue explained to me that my skin had red and blue undertones, so they add red and blue to the formulation of the foundation. Since the foundation will now match my skin tone, it won’t actually appear redder or blotchy looking, but will appear more even-toned…and she was right.

For those with Rosacea, I did ask if this was appropriate for you. I was told that most people with Rosacea do need a red/blue based foundation and not the typical yellow/green that is widely sold in stores. This would help explain why I looked so weird when I’ve tried yellow and green concealers in the past.

November 19, 2007 at 4:49 pm
(5) vividgirl says:

I too suffer from the same problem. Im a hairstylist and i am lucky to have lots of ins in the business. The very best makeup to cover the red in your face and neck is Mac Cream Foundation. Im not sure if you can buy it at a retail counter but if you go to any Mac counter they will help you.

July 15, 2008 at 8:22 pm
(6) skye says:

i used estee lauder, green cover concealer for years. I love it, but now they have discontinued the product.It was the only concealer that worked wonders on my face.
Does anyone know of a product like this.
It had a great creamy consistency.

December 2, 2008 at 4:09 pm
(7) Heather Tinlin says:

Hey, I really like you blog. I just wanted to say keep up the good work. Cheers Heather

July 20, 2011 at 9:00 pm
(8) SammiS says:

I don’t have servere rosacea , but i used to have alot of redness on my face. I was happy with Made from Earth’s Rosehip + Hibiscus Face Serum (its for rosacea) and after 1 month of using it, it reduce a lot of my redness and even got rid of some breakouts. It doesnt dry up your skin. . . cause you need that moisture to maintain a balance.

Just do not use alot of the product. Only a little is needed to calm down your skin.