1. Style

Sexy, wavy hair will always be popular. To make your hair look "just off the beach" follow these step-by-step instructions on how to give yourself beachy, sexy waves.

More on wavy hairstyles:

Comments

June 4, 2006 at 9:41 pm
(1) Janice says:

Tried the “do it yourself: sexy wavy hair” I have straight thick hair and it turned out amazing, only took and hour and after a night out and a complete day my hair still looks great… Looks like celebrity hair… definitely recommend it.

August 27, 2006 at 6:12 pm
(2) Toni ._ says:

Where are the instructions?

February 2, 2007 at 12:38 pm
(3) Charl O says:

yh where are the instructions….if its tht gd i wnt 2 try!!!!!

February 2, 2007 at 12:38 pm
(4) Charl O says:

i agree….if its tht gd i wnt 2 try!!!!!

February 2, 2007 at 8:52 pm
(5) Eleanor says:

You have to click on the link at the top that says “Do it Yourself: Sexy Wavy Hair”.

January 3, 2008 at 9:49 pm
(6) ashley says:

this hair style looks great if it turns out anything like the celb pic. my hair DOES NOT curl at all with the curling iron. is there a spray or sumthing to put on the hair first that helps it curl with the curling iron??

April 7, 2008 at 11:01 am
(7) hahah says:

yea use tresema curl activator works good before curling your hair!!!1

September 10, 2008 at 3:38 pm
(8) anne says:

hey, i’ve tried stuff like that when I had long hair and it worked! I miss my old hair now. Waiting till it grows back and am going to curl it.

November 14, 2008 at 5:44 pm
(9) Lana says:

Please lean to spell with vowels!

February 22, 2009 at 11:07 am
(10) Madeline says:

This is not text messaging; You have full use of the keyboard. SPELL YOUR WORDS.

April 4, 2009 at 1:49 pm
(11) Lucy says:

if they want too not spell with vowels they dont have too, at the end of the day texting is practically the same as this anyway so hush up. i dont see why its such a big problem anyway to be honest, shows you have nothing better to say. if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it.

April 21, 2009 at 11:17 am
(12) Lissa says:

Lucy,

IF they want TO spell withOUT vowels they CAN. AT the end of the day, texting is practically the same as this anyway so hush up. I DON’T see why IT’S such a big problem. TO be honest, IT shows you DON’T have ANYTHING better to say. IF you DON’T have anything nice to say, DON’T say it.

Point being…it doesn’t show that they don’t have anything better to say, it shows that you, along with the gd jb yay lol idk, etc., above you are illiterate.

May 12, 2009 at 9:58 am
(13) lol!!!! says:

WHO GIVES A CRAP about whether they use vowels or not!!

June 22, 2009 at 4:45 pm
(14) Sara says:

i cant wait to try this

July 15, 2009 at 4:20 am
(15) lillian says:

i have naturally wavy hair……. it sometimes drives me nuts!

July 21, 2009 at 4:24 pm
(16) jenny says:

my hair is so wazy and long and thick and silky but its impossible and my parents wont let me get it cut!

August 8, 2009 at 2:12 am
(17) xD says:

lissa. are you an english teacher? get a life.

September 19, 2009 at 9:39 am
(18) Lynn says:

Who would have thought this would turn out to be a discussion on spelling? If you don’t want to use vowels in your comments, or punctuation, then don’t. The problem is when you try that in the workplace people may wonder if you are: an idiot, uneducated, immature (as in a high school or college kid) or even disrespectful. (Especially if you try it with your boss.)

September 19, 2009 at 8:56 pm
(19) Melinda says:

Hey guys!
Instructions ( works for me – Hollywood look )
1. Part your hair and do two plats on either side of your head
2. Leave them in overnight.
3. Run over your plats with a hair straightner until they are hot and flat looking.
4. Take them out, and what ever you do, DO NOT brush your hair, otherwise it will get fuzzy.

Hope that helped!!!
xx

October 18, 2009 at 10:04 am
(20) WelshLass says:

Lynn…

I doubt my workplace would even care about the way i type on the internet. They have far more better things to do than worry about how i spell in my free time. Just because i miss a vowel or two doesnt make me immature. But people like you commenting on stupid little useless things make you immature…

October 18, 2009 at 10:07 am
(21) iSayItStr8Biatchezz says:

LMAO AT LANA’S COMMENT..

“Please lean to spell with vowels”

Lana, Please LEARN to spell before you even post a comment like that.

December 6, 2009 at 1:08 am
(22) sarah says:

this is a fucking hair club, not a spelling bee.

December 16, 2009 at 10:17 pm
(23) Kaycee says:

hahaha! im with iSayItStr8Biatchezz. the chic who started this cant even spell!
oh no! i hope i dont create something for not capitalizing now!!
LMFAO!….this is ridiculous.

January 6, 2010 at 3:17 pm
(24) Dee says:

this take too long for me as my hair is quiet short aswell. for a better solution…wash your hair and condition well using your usual shampoo and conditioner then towel dry apply boosting spray shockwaves for best results, whilst you spary this tip your head upside down and masarge then get some moose into your hands and apply all over hair squeeze it and grab it then get some hairspray grab a section of hair hairspary and hold for 3 seconds then drop carry this on all way around the hair finally blow dry your hair 2-3 miniutes and rehairspray, finally add your finsihing touches eg. curling iron bobby pins and do any hairsyle you want! to make the hair stay in place longer hairspray every 2-3 hours. for this hairstyler it should take 15minitues :)

April 6, 2010 at 5:37 am
(25) Kaysha says:

My Hair is naturally curly. does anyone think this would still work? :)

May 8, 2010 at 5:34 pm
(26) Erin says:

press the blue words that say “how to give yourself beachy, sexy waves.” there are your instructions :)

May 22, 2010 at 1:03 pm
(27) ERICA says:

THIS MESSAGE FORUM IS ABOUT HAIR LADIES! Not spelling with vowels! Remeber that:)

September 7, 2010 at 5:55 pm
(28) Jeannie says:

How funny was all those coments, it’s just a small artical about hair styling, nothing more…. who has the right to say how someone wants to spell, lol, made me smile tho !!

October 11, 2010 at 12:08 am
(29) Briana says:

Oh my goodness, these comments made my night.
Thank you, immature, drama-loving ladies for amusing me.
I try to find a funny video on the internet to make me laugh
but right here does the trick.

Who cares if someone spells w/ vowels or not?
By the way, just letting you know that if you argue with
what I’m saying,
you’d simply be arguing with a 15 year old so don’t even put yourself in that position.

October 16, 2010 at 9:59 pm
(30) Erika says:

Lynn, why are you hating on college kids? Plenty of us are intelligent enough to manage proper grammar and spelling, thank you.

March 9, 2011 at 10:15 am
(31) eee says:

i think ‘lean’ was a typo not a spelling mistake…

May 5, 2011 at 11:17 pm
(32) madison says:

i reallly want wavy hair i have tryed and tryed:(

May 6, 2011 at 6:35 pm
(33) Jtiff says:

Wow. Most of the people on here can’t even spell. Who cares? Okay, I’m an English major and it drives me nuts to read text-like posts, poor grammar usage and tons of spelling mistakes. You know what? I’ve probably made one or two already. No one is perfect. GET OVER IT!

January 21, 2013 at 9:41 pm
(34) julia says:

For those who have tried and can’t get good, or maintainable results, definitely try the curly girl method.

Basically, through a series of cleanups, eliminating sulfates from products you put in your hair (which is why some people call it no-poo), and some love, the natural curls in your hair will come out, and maintaining it will be no-hassle.

July 28, 2013 at 6:19 pm
(35) Christine says:

I LOVE THIS! My hair is always straight, limp, and boring… I wish I would’ve seen this first because I think I tried 1,000 things before I finally found something that worked for me. I’m still going to try this though! If you’re interested in trying out what worked for me you can get the instructions here http://www.weartostandout.com/blog/how-to-get-perfect-wavy-hair and tell me what you think! xoxo, WearToStandOut